Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mshah <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 15:41:11 UTC

[JMeter]: Getting issues in JMeter with the requests having images embedded with Oracle ADF

We are using JMeter for performance testing of the application developed using
Oracle ADF 11g.

In JMeter, for any request having image (jpg or png) in the response, at the
time of playback of the script, proper response with the image is displayed.
But, after that request, the response for all subsequent requests are getting
failed with error message as
"Because of inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active. The
page will automatically be reloaded in 10 seconds; if not, click here."

We observed that when we disable the request having image, the script is
working fine without any issues (all subsequent requests pass successfully).
So, the response time observed is without images.

Please suggest suitable solution or workaround, so that we can keep images
enabled and can observe proper response time of the transaction.

We have already explored multiple options in JMeter to solve this problem, but
could not find any satisfactory solution:
• Changed HEAP values in jmeter.bat file to instruct JVM to use more memory
• Set maximum Timeouts in HTTP request for connect and response parameters
• Disabled image size check limit by editing view.results.tree.max_size in
jmeter.properties file

Re: [JMeter]: Getting issues in JMeter with the requests having images embedded with Oracle ADF

Posted by Milan Shah <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bruce,

Thanks for the response.

I am using HTTP Cookie Manager in the script with "Clear cookies each
iteration" checkbox checked.
Also, at the end of one of the request application URL, having ;jsessionid,
but using regualar expression extractor
;jsessionid=([-_0-9A-Za-z!]+)"
I am parameterizing jsessionid using RegEx as
/xxxxx/faces/LoginPage.jspx;jsessionid=${jsessionId}

I believe that jsessionid is required to create the session. Still could
not resolve the issue.

Regards,
Milan

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>you should not have "jsessionid" in your request
To nitpick - technically inaccurate. Most java appservers do have the
capability to just use URL rewriting instead of cookies and you would need
to check whats the case with the app. However practically speaking almost
noone disables the cookie

Posted by Milan Shah <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Michele,

I have used few ADF specifc regex extractors in my test
plan: adf.ctrl-state, afrLoop, afrWindowId, javax.faces.ViewState
and jsessionId (as suggested in http://chrismuir.sys-con.com/node/1367682).
Also, I am recording test plan using http proxy server.

Can you please send your test plan, I might be missing some regex. Your
test plan can help me analyse the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Milan

Posted by Michele Mase' <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milan Shah <mi...@gmail.com>.