Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Joey Echeverria <je...@splunk.com> on 2018/08/01 19:39:41 UTC

Re: Delay in REST/UI readiness during JM recovery

Sorry to ping my own thread, but has anyone else encountered this?

-Joey

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joey,

Currently rest endpoints are hosted in JM. Your scenario is at JM failover,
and your cluster is running so many jobs. Here, it takes a certain amount
of time for ZK to conduct the Leader election. Then JM needs to wait for
the TM registration. So many jobs need to be restored and start running. It
is likely to go through a long period of time, so within this period. JM
can be quite busy and can cause web services to be unresponsive or slow to
respond.
But 20-45 minutes is really long, so you first need to confirm what caused
it. For example, if you reduce the cluster's job data by half, can the web
response time be much faster?

Thanks, vino.