Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2015/03/19 14:46:07 UTC

ApacheCon Twitter account

Twitter just posted the following blog post:
https://blog.twitter.com/2015/introducing-tweetdeck-teams

This is very timely, as I was just thinking that I could really use some
help with the ApacheCon Twitter account - getting the word out about the
event, sending tweets about particular talks and tracks, tweeting during
the event itself, and so on.

With this new feature of TweetDeck, I can add people to "Team
@ApacheCon", and you can tweet on behalf of that account, schedule
future tweets from that account, follow speakers and projects, and so on.

If you are active on Twitter, and you use TweetDeck, and you're willing
to help me out with this, please let me know, and I'll add you to the
team. This needs to be a very small team, so please only volunteer if
you're passionate about this, and are "good at Twitter."

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: ApacheCon Twitter account

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
True, Works perfectly with firefox or chrome on linux. I thought tweetdeck
was still only a desktop client. I have tested it and works for me. If you
can add @gala_santiago, which is the account I'll primarily use for
professional stuff, I  can try to help. I usually am fairly active in
twitter.

Re: my other account, with the eurocrisis my sgala account is too polluted
of political stuff trying to make sense of The Austerians and regenerate
Spain a bit.

Regards
Santiago

You can just sign in to tweetdeck in the browser, without a special

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 03/24/2015 10:53 AM, Santiago Gala wrote:
> I would be interested in helping with twitter, but I can't find a way to
> use tweetdeck with linux, and I don't use windows (or OS/X). Is there a way
> to use tweetdeck without proprietary OSes?

I use TweetDeck via a Google Chrome plugin on Fedora Linux.

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> Twitter just posted the following blog post:
> https://blog.twitter.com/2015/introducing-tweetdeck-teams

Interesting! On a related subject: should we promote the usage of this
for managing all of our project @ASFxxx accounts?

Thanks,
Roman.