Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/11/24 14:50:48 UTC

Add counting feature to get the total number of message exchanges

Hi all,

I'd like to add counting feature to get the total number of message
exchanges during one synchronization among BSP tasks. Before leave
barrier in sync() method, each task can report their counts.

This information will be useful to user and, some applications (for
example, the sync cost of current SSSP example can be reduced to 1/3).
Should we add this feature?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Add counting feature to get the total number of message exchanges

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
All,

Please check this issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-486

Posted by Chia-Hung Lin <cl...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: Add counting feature to get the total number of message exchanges

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: Add counting feature to get the total number of message exchanges

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello Edward,