Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/06 17:44:01 UTC

Can you use Tomcat when you are not on line?

I have Tomcat installed on W2K and it says it is installed correctly. When I try the examples it tells me that I must be on line.  If I am using localhost:8080 why does it need to be on line?

Re: Can you use Tomcat when you are not on line?

Posted by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for responding. My IE is totally up to date. I have changed and re-changed all the options for connecting and it does not seem to make any difference. I cannot go to Firefox because the company does not want to. So I will keep playing around and see what happens. It does not seem to be a problem right now.
Wally
Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 7, 2005 11:47 AM, Krishna Gunturu <kg...@cisco.com> wrote:
>  How to unsubscribe from Tomcat Users List?

See above!

-Dave

PS - And below!

How to unsunscribe ?

Posted by Krishna Gunturu <kg...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.

have suggested either just use Firefox - http://getfirefox.com or just

--
Jason Bainbridge

Posted by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com>.
I have that file already. I have pinged tomcat online and offline and they both work. I am new enough to tomcat that I don't know if this is a problem or not. I just thought it was strange that the demonstration programs had a problem.

Wally
Posted by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com>.
I really meant to say I pinged localhost in my last message

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Do you have a 'hosts' file?

Posted by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for responding. I always use the complete path, I just forgot to put it in my posting.
Wally
  automatically adds it if the port is 80 or unspecified, otherwise it
  gets confused.

  Walter Lee wrote:

  >I have Tomcat installed on W2K and it says it is installed correctly. When I try the examples it tells me that I must be on line.  If I am using localhost:8080 why does it need to be on line?

  --
      Robert r. Sanders
      Chief Technologist

Re: Can you use Tomcat when you are not on line?

Posted by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
It is an IE setting - I forget which one as I don't use IE any more.

Mark

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Assuming you are running this under IE:
Tools
Internet Options....
Connections (Tab)
Change the setting to the second box.
My guess is that you use a dialup connection. It wants to connect to lookup
the DNS.
Set it to the second one so it only dials when there is no network
connection or the first one so that it never dials.
In either case you will either have to change it back or dial manually to
get back on the Internet.

Doug

Posted by Walter Lee <t_...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for responding. I tried the ping test and it works when I am off line. I will keep searching.
Wally
Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
If the browser is set to always dial a connection, it doesn't matter what
the address is. Even if it is a local file. About the only way it doesn't
prompt is if you open a html file directly. And sometimes even then it will,
especially if the sync files setting is turned up. Every time IE opens it
wants to update the files.

Isn't IE wonderful.

Doug

Posted by Hein Behrens <in...@curvaciones.com>.