Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/23 14:46:02 UTC

Re: The site should support version specific documentation

On 2/23/07, Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> wrote:

> The MyFaces website should support version specific documentation.  This is important
> when users are looking for answers for a released version and the site only documents
> the current Snapshot.  The Shale and Tomahawk sites have version specific
> documentation

Shale does, but I don't see it in Tomahawk's site.

> I suspect this can be done via Maven, just do not know how.

On the branch, change <distributionManagement><site> to the new
location, I suggest:
   http://myfaces.apache.org/core/1.1.5/
   http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/1.1.5

(Or try putting ${version} in the url, that might work...)

--
Wendy

Re: The site should support version specific documentation

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wendy,
Type-o on my part, I meant to say the Tomcat site support version specific
documentation, not Tomahawk.

Distributing to a version specific URL is part of the solution, the navigation
bar also need a entry the the version specific documentation.

Paul Spencer