Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Paarth <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/16 07:52:03 UTC

prequisite learning

hi,
i am new to servicemix, and really can't understand whats happening. can
somebody tell me what is to be learnt for servicemix. i am not even familier
wiht jbi :)

thanks

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
For jbi, you can download jbi specification.
For servicemix, I believe [1] is a good start to learn.
[1] http://servicemix.apache.org/users-guide.html

Best Regards

Freeman

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by lhe77 <la...@compart.net>.
Hi Paarth,

my suggestion is to have a look at the JBI spec first.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr208/index.html Spec

After understanding some basic concepts have a look at the documentation of
servicemix and also the tutorials.

LG
Lars

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by mmarquez <ma...@zauber.com.ar>.
Thanks very much for the help, I read the suggested parts and also the first
4 chapters of the specification. Now I would like to do some basic hello
world application where I put a SU into a SA and some Consumer use it (I
think I need a BC for this, am I right?). I found somewhat confusing this
tutorial that I've done: http://servicemix.apache.org/hello-world-bc.html

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

If you just start developing on ServiceMix, I would recommend taking a
look at the two beginner tutorials on
http://servicemix.apache.org/tutorials.html first.  This should give you
a basic understanding of some JBI lingo (SU, SA, SE, ...) as well as an
introduction into using the Maven archetypes to quickly develop your own
service assemblies.

After that, you can start working with the existing JBI components by
looking at their documentation page.  As Bruce already said, we know we
still have work to do on the documentation, so don't hesitate to ask
questions if you run into problems or if you need more information.

Gert

Re: prequisite learning

Posted by mmarquez <ma...@zauber.com.ar>.
Hi,