Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wilson <dw...@revenuetech.com> on 2001/11/06 18:29:14 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3

Hello. We are moving from Tomcat 3.2.3 to 4.0.1, but I am having problems.
I've downloaded the binaries and gotten the examples to work. But when I try
to move over the old tomcat config files my webapps do not work. I've
noticed that the web.xml format has changed and made the appropiate header
changes to all my webapps.

Also we have been using mod_jk for apache/tomcat. Do I need to get a new
one? I've seen comments that mod_jk is still supported but there is a new
webapps mod.

Any help is appreciated of course.

Thx,
David

David Wilson
(dwilson@revenuetech.com)
Revenue Technologies
219 Perimeter Center Parkway, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30346, USA
770-551-0700, Ext. 239

"Servers will be shut down at noon. Please
send all complaints to /dev/null"

RE: Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3

Posted by David Wilson <dw...@revenuetech.com>.
Sorry I don't know if I mentioned this. We are using Solaris 7. Does anyone
know if I need to get a new mod_jk? Or switch to webapps mod?

David

> Also we have been using mod_jk for apache/tomcat. Do I need to get a new
> one? I've seen comments that mod_jk is still supported but there is a new
> webapps mod.

For Win32, you have to download webapp module:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win32
/

Xavier

Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3