Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/27 13:13:52 UTC

Re: Running ActiveMQ under Harmony!

Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just wanted to let you guys know that I tried running ActiveMQ using
> the Harmony JVM and here are the results:
>
> Harmon: latest from tonight
> Platform: Linux SUSE 10
> ActiveMQ: 4.0.2 RC6
>
> Using default config it bombed with:
>
> chirino@dualcoreamd:~/Desktop/incubator-activemq-4.0.2/bin> ./activemq
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/chirino/Desktop/incubator-activemq-4.0.2
> Created MBeanServer with ID: UID[-6822e1e4:10e87cde34a:-8000]:dualcoreamd:1
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0.2 JMS Message
> Broker (localhost) is starting
> INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information
> please see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> WARN  ManagementContext              - Failed to start jmx connector:
> javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Failed to create
> InitialContext using factory specified in hashtable
> {jmx.remote.protocol.provider.class.loader=java.net.URLClassLoader@96ebf784}
>
> [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: class <null> not
> found]
> INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
> [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
> java:
> /home/chirino/sandbox/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/object/object_handles.cpp:100:
>
> void GcFrame::add_object(ManagedObject**): Assertion `__null == *p ||
> (*p >= vm_heap_base_address() && *p < vm_heap_ceiling_address())'
> failed.
> SIGABRT in VM code.
> Stack trace:
> addr2line: '[vdso]': No such file
> chirino@dualcoreamd:~/Desktop/incubator-activemq-4.0.2/bin>

This looks like a problem investigated in HARMONY-1560. There is no
patch for it though.

Re: Running ActiveMQ under Harmony!

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Yes, I use ActiveMQ as one of my targets to get running...

I have had it working in the past.

geir

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> To whom did Hiram send this?

It appeared in gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel news group on gmane. I read
harmony-dev though this interface. The message was posted directly from
gname news account but it didn't make it thought to the email alias.
Probably it was deleted as spam because it was cross-posted to
gmane.comp.java.activemq.devel news group. So it was seen only in news
group on gmane.

Link to the top level message is here [1].

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/17239

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
To whom did Hiram send this?