Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "CHRISTELDA, SUNIJA" <sc...@att.com> on 2014/10/28 18:44:59 UTC

iOS iframe text input issue

Hi,

The iOS version 7.0 has a bug related to text inputs in iframes as mentioned in these posts:

http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=2527401
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13124340/cant-type-into-html-input-fields-on-ios-after-clicking-twice
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?271281-text-field-inside-iframe-focus-problem&p=993943&viewfull=1

This bug was resolved in the new iOS version 8.0 unfortunately we still see issues with our PhoneGap application because Cordova is using the older version of the WKWebView.

http://shazronatadobe.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/cordova-ios-and-ios-8/

Could you please let us know when Cordova will use the new IOS8 WKWebView as some key features of our application rely on that fix? Is there a roadmap that we could check?

Thank you,

Sunija Christelda
Professional-Applications Developer
AT&T Services, Inc.
(925) 286-8405
[cid:image001.jpg@01CB6B81.CFFFEB80]

Re: iOS iframe text input issue

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I'm going to put out a proposal on this list on the next steps for
WKWebView. Wait for it.