Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Eric Naber <en...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/20 22:57:58 UTC

IRIX 6.5 build problems

hello,

I am having a good deal of trouble getting the newest version of Xerces-C++
to work on my SGI IRIX6.5 machine. we have got most of it working, but when
we type gmake in the samples directory, to build the samples, it is having
trouble with the library. it says :

ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects:
/usr/people/u2/enaber/temp/xerces-c_1_2_0-linux/lib/libxerces-c1_2.so is
o32.

Does anyone know how we can fix this problem? I've been trying to figure it
out(among other troubles) for 2 days now and have come to a stop.

Your help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric Naber
JHU/APL

Re: IRIX 6.5 build problems

Posted by Todd Collins <To...@sdrc.com>.
Eric,

Are you building from the source base or using the distributed binaries  The
reason for this question is the reference to linux in
the path of the .so.  I have been using a version on  IRIX 6.5.5 successfully
for some time now.  Did you build the samples and have
success there?

Sorry for these lame questions.

Todd