Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Hiroyuki OYAMA <oy...@cpan.org> on 2002/10/18 09:52:10 UTC

Please Update libtool

Hi,
Please update 'libtool' attached to libapreq-1.0.tar.gz

I'm writing Apache module of C in the Mac OS X(Darwin5.5).
Since attached 'config.sub' and 'config.guess' of libtool are
old, the kind of OS cannot be recognized when a configure script
is performed.
ex)

% uname -a
Darwin pb.infoware.ne.jp 5.5 Darwin Kernel Version 5.5: Thu May 30 14:51:26 PDT 2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.42.3.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
% ./configure --with-apache-includes=/usr/include/httpd
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one

Instead, if the comparatively new thing of Mac OS X attachment and the
newest libtool are used, it will recognize correctly.

	http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html

ex)

% cp /usr/share/libtool/config.guess /usr/share/libtool/config.sub ./
% ./configure --with-apache-includes=/usr/include/httpd
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.5
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.5
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for cc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if cc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.o... ~/src/libapreq-1.0/conftest
yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if cc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking if cc static flag -static works... none
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... unsupported
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
updating cache ./config.cache
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating c/Makefile
creating c/libapreq_config.h

___
Hiroyuki OYAMA <oy...@cpan.org>
Yahoo! Messenger[JPN]: hiroyuki_oyama

Re: Please Update libtool

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Hiroyuki OYAMA <oy...@cpan.org> writes:

> Hi,
> Please update 'libtool' attached to libapreq-1.0.tar.gz
>
> I'm writing Apache module of C in the Mac OS X(Darwin5.5).
> Since attached 'config.sub' and 'config.guess' of libtool are
> old, the kind of OS cannot be recognized when a configure script
> is performed.

[...]

> Instead, if the comparatively new thing of Mac OS X attachment and the
> newest libtool are used, it will recognize correctly.
>
>	http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html

Many thanks for the suggestion.  Is there anyone willing to
put together a tested patch to get libapreq-1.0 working on
OS X?  (Personally I don't use OS X, but if an OS X user is
willing to work out the details I'd be happy to commit the
changes to cvs.)

--
Joe Schaefer