Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by marius <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2009/08/05 12:29:02 UTC

integrate a tool

Hello,

how can i integrate a external tool such as gutime to  UIMA?

Thank you

Marius

Re: integrate a tool

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
marius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can i integrate a external tool such as gutime to  UIMA?

I never heard of gutime it seems to be a tagger
which can recognize/detect time expressions in natural language.

Here is a link to a description:
http://www.timeml.org/site/tarsqi/modules/gutime/index.html

To integrate into UIMA you have to implement an Annotator,
in your case it could be a bit tricky since UIMA is written in java
and gutime seems to be written in something else.

You should consult our tutorial and developer guide to get started:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html

Do you know in which language gutime is written ?

We also have a C++ and scripting interface which you then can use to
integrate it. I have never used one of these, but I am sure there are
additional information about that topic in our documentation and
you are welcome to ask for help.

Jörn