Posted to user@struts.apache.org by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/01 04:27:08 UTC

dojo 1.1 in struts 2.0.11 portlets

Hi,

In order to leverage the full capabilities of dojo 1.1
(latest) with the latest stable struts version. What
exactlyt the best practice.

The things we concerned are as followes

1) Will there be a conflict in the different dojo
versions in struts 2.0.11 and dojo 1.1

2) Will it impact any struts tags behaviours etc.

If there is a better way to explore the new features
of dojo pls do let us know, or any other best practice

Thanks

Re: dojo 1.1 in struts 2.0.11 portlets

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Yes, it would, which is why Jeromy said don't use the strts2 ajax theme
or tags. As long as you don't use those, the Dojo bundled with Struts
wont be loaded, so there wont then be a conflict.

L.

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
tom tom wrote:
> dojo 1.1 Grid looks very good,
>
> but it is still under dojox project, because of that
> we are thinking twice
>
> How flexible the YUI datagrid and how about the
> integration with Struts 2,
>
> Is that grid in beta like dojo grid or ready for
> production support
>
> Thanks,

The YUI datagrid is very flexible and works great with Struts 2.  Just
get in an try it out in a little test application.  Don't forget though
that it is a completely different appropriate to client-side programming
compared to Dojo.  You also need to consider where your application is
going and what other widgets you may need.  YUI deliberately leave a lot
of things out that may want.  Instead they provide APIs.

In terms of stability, the YUI grid is fine.  The known issues are
discussed at the bottom of the documentation.  It's beta because the API
is subject to change, and there was a significant change between 2.5.0
and 2.5.1.  I can only speculate, but I expect there'll be some more
changes as their Charting widget uses the same DataSource API as the
datagrid and charting is experimental, but my experience with these guys
has only been positive so far.

Re: dojo 0.4 XMLHttp requst submit progress indicator

Posted by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com>.
You can also check out:

http://www.ajaxload.info/

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Jane,

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
dojo 1.1 Grid looks very good,

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jeromy,

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jeromy,

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jeromy,

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jeromy,

Yes that is what I also thought,

On the other hand I came to know that Struts 2.1 got
lot of tag enhancements with regards to dojo ....

The main thing which I can't understand is, why struts
provides AJAX theme at all,

DOJO to me is not only a set of javascript, it is a
framework, with widgets and events,

How can individual struts tags support the entire
event model, am confused, isnt it a good idea to
provide the practices to use dojo directly to utilize
the full dojo features.

Thanks

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.