Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anthony Ettinger <ae...@sdsualumni.org> on 2006/02/19 03:59:33 UTC

svn commit failed: permission denied

Adding         trunk/app
Adding         trunk/app/index.php
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create directory '/x/svn/gnarc/db/transactions/1-1.txn':
Permission denied
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    '/x/home/ettinger/projects/gnarc/svn-commit.2.tmp'

I did the svnadmin create as root, and am using the default configuration
and was able to checkout the project via ssh with: ssh+svn, but now when I
go to commit my changes I get permission denied errors.

I'm assuming this is because I did the import as root, but what happens when
other system users also commit, does everyone need read/write access to the
repository?

--
Anthony Ettinger
Signature: http://chovy.dyndns.org/hcard.html

Re: svn commit failed: permission denied

Posted by Anthony Ettinger <ae...@sdsualumni.org>.
On 2/18/06, Matt Doran <ma...@papercut.biz> wrote:

> I did the svnadmin create as root, and am using the default
> configuration and was able to checkout the project via ssh with:
> ssh+svn, but now when I go to commit my changes I get permission denied
> errors.
> >
> > I'm assuming this is because I did the import as root, but what
> > happens when other system users also commit, does everyone need
> > read/write access to the repository?
> >

> It depends on your access method.  If you're using HTTP using apache,
> then your apache user will need access to those files.  Reading this is
> a good place to start:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.multimethod.html
>
> Matt

Ok, looks like a simple