Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by glassblower <gl...@home.com> on 2000/07/14 16:14:36 UTC

Trying to run the TreeWalkerviewView and IteratorView samples

Hi,

Preamble: using Xerces-J-bin.1.1.2, JDK 1.2.2, and WinNT

I am trying to run the TreeWalkerviewView and IteratorView and am getting:

Exception in thread"main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.node: method supports<Ljava/Lang/String;Ljave/lang/String;>Z not found at dom.traversal.TreeWalkerView.main<TreeWalkerView.java:134

I found some threads with similar errors whose solution seemed to be related to classpath, but I am setting the classpath in my bat file and assume that it is not appending onto my system classpath and using other jar files. There are not any other Xerces jar files installed on my system.

I am using the following to start the sample:

set PATH=f:\jdk1.2.2\bin
set CLASSPATH=f:\projects\xerces\xerces-1_1_2\xerces.jar;f:\projects\xerces\xerces-1_1_2\xercesSamples.jar
cd f:\projects\xerces\xerces-1_1_2
java dom.traversal.TreeWalkerView file:///f:/projects/xerces/xerces-1_1_2/data/personal.xml

I have tried several methods of file structure including URI and enclosing in quotes
REM f:\projects\xerces\xerces-1_1_2\data\personal.xml
REM "file:///f:/projects/xerces/xerces-1_1_2/data/personal.xml"

So what am I doing wrong or what do I not have properly configed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Al