Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by crankydillo <cr...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 00:38:33 UTC

RepositoryCopier performance

Hi,

I'm trying to use 1.6.0's RepositoryCopier and am wondering if the
performance I'm seeing is what I should expect.

We're using Jackrabbit with its default settings via a
TransientRepository.  For the most part, the nodes form a tree with a
depth of 3.  The leafs contain String properties.  The second level down
is versioned via COPY, which is doing the whole subtree.  Each time a
leaf is modified a new version is created for the parent, but I delete
the prior version.

Anyhow, that is basically what we're doing.  Now, I'm testing backup.  I
seeded Jackrabbit with the following tree, 2 -> 50 -> 50.  So we should
have 10K nodes in the repository.  The strings have about 2500 characters.

It looks like it takes anywhere from 70 seconds to 120 seconds to
perform the copy.  The target is another default-configured Jackrabbit.

Is this unusual?  I was hoping for something substantially faster, but
realize this was just a hope;)

--
crankydillo