Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Bill Smith <bi...@motive.com> on 2001/08/18 05:51:44 UTC

a more specific question about JXR

 > > Anybody know what's up with the JXR tool?
>
> It lives.  You might want to consider a more specific question

Ok.  Where can I found an example of the output of JXR?  I'm looking for
.java files exported to HTML and links in a hierarchical structure similar
to the Linux Cross Reference (LXR) project.  Is that a long-term vision for
JXR or does JXR do all of that today?  What I see on the Alexandria site is
some pretty-printed Java code.  (This isn't a 'why isn't the project farther
along' question, but rather a 'that sounds like good technology, where can I
find out more about it' question.)

Thanks,
Bill Smith

Re: a more specific question about JXR

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Bill Smith <bi...@motive.com> writes:

>  > > Anybody know what's up with the JXR tool?
> >
> > It lives.  You might want to consider a more specific question
>
> Ok.  Where can I found an example of the output of JXR?  I'm looking for
> .java files exported to HTML and links in a hierarchical structure similar to
> the Linux Cross Reference (LXR) project.  Is that a long-term vision for JXR
> or does JXR do all of that today?  What I see on the Alexandria site is some
> pretty-printed Java code.

I talked to our build engineer, Josh Lucas.  He managed to get JXR up
and running across some of the Java code from tigris.org.  I saw the
result, and the output looks much like LXR.  He tells me he had to
hack at the source quite a bit to get things working, and that the
current implementation (which uses Castor) is a bit cumbersome.

Daniel