Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Basic Danijel <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/12 14:21:41 UTC

Karaf on Amazon cloud

Hi all,

I'm planning to put some webapp on Amazon cloud. The app is running on
Karaf.

Does anyone know for some good tutorial which explains how to do that?

Regards,
Danijel

Re: Karaf on Amazon cloud

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Danijel,

that explains it. :-)
Usually you just start with a virtual box from amazon (you may decide on
the OS on it) and from there on, lot's of nice configurations via the web
interface ;)
Tim gave some good hints on what to think of.

regards, Achim

> Hi Achim and Tim,
>
> Thank you for giving me the hints, which are the good starting point.
>
> Honestly, I do not have experience in working with Amazon cloud. That's
> why I asked for some tutorial/hints, in order to start faster.
>
> Best regards,
> Danijel
> On Apr 12, 2015 4:59 PM, "tvogel" <tv...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>> Danijel,  I have a karaf instance running in Amazon cloud.  There are
>> only three things that caused me a challenge:1) Getting the firewalls right.
>> I setup multiple security profiles by function (public access,
>> deployment, full remote admin) and then applied the appropriate ones.  Be
>> sure to consider file transfer, SSH and remote desktop ports.   You have at
>> two on Amazon, the one in EC2 console and the one in the OS (Windows /
>> Linux).  Depending on the ports used you may also have multiple firewalls
>> on the client side.    2) The bundles that need to be loaded either have to
>> be located on the remote host or accessible / visible to maven from the
>> remote host.3) Security for the account that will be running the karaf
>> instance.  This needs to be a non-privileged account with the minimum
>> possible rights.
>> Tim
>>
>> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 05:22:30 -0700
>> From: ml-node+s922171n4039581h12@n3.nabble.com
>> To: tvogel@msn.com
>> Subject: Karaf on Amazon cloud
>>

>>         Hi all,
>> I'm planning to put some webapp on Amazon cloud. The app is running on
>> Karaf.
>> Does anyone know for some good tutorial which explains how to do that?
>> Regards,
>>
>> Danijel
>>

>>                 If you reply to this email, your message will be added to
>> the discussion below:
>>
>> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-on-Amazon-cloud-tp4039581.html
>>

>>                 To unsubscribe from Karaf - User, click here.
>>
>>                 NAML
>>

>> --

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

RE: Karaf on Amazon cloud

Posted by Basic Danijel <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Achim and Tim,

RE: Karaf on Amazon cloud

Posted by tvogel <tv...@msn.com>.

Re: Karaf on Amazon cloud

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Anything special you're looking for?

Cause usually it's just starting that instance, downloading Karaf, untar
the karaf distro and starting it.
So what did you have in mind?

regards, Achim