Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/10/03 19:24:43 UTC

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/

Geir,

That's not where the project's own web-site goes.  I'm sure that you copied
from what you saw, but there are some artifacts from older projects that did
things differently, and we now have a convention for where things go.  :-)

We should create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila, and move
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-publish/project
s/agila to wherever under the agila project's structure you want to keep
your site sources.  The same is true of the generated artifacts, which you
will want to check out under /www/incubator.apache.org/agila/, so that the
URL is incubator.apache.org/agila/.

	--- Noel

Re: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 3, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Geir,
>
> That's not where the project's own web-site goes.  I'm sure that you
> copied
> from what you saw, but there are some artifacts from older projects
> that did
> things differently, and we now have a convention for where things go.
> :-)
>
> We should create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila, and
> move
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-publish/
> project
> s/agila to wherever under the agila project's structure you want to
> keep
> your site sources.  The same is true of the generated artifacts, which
> you
> will want to check out under /www/incubator.apache.org/agila/, so that
> the
> URL is incubator.apache.org/agila/.

Thx Noel.  Will do.

geir

geir@gluecode.com

Re: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 3, 2004, at 6:27 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
>> It is better to have incubator/agila/trunk
>>                                   ../tags
>>                                   ../branches
>>                                   ../site-publish
>
> That is a suitable variation on the theme.  I expect that we'll
> continue to
> refine best practices for how the repositories are organized.

Ok!  Will do this then!

<wacking mole><wacking mole>

geir

geir@gluecode.com

RE: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> We should create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila, and
> move
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-publish/
> project
> s/agila to wherever under the agila project's structure you want to
> keep
> your site sources.  The same is true of the generated artifacts, which
> you
> will want to check out under /www/incubator.apache.org/agila/, so that
> the
> URL is incubator.apache.org/agila/.

I did that with Jackrabbit and it turns out to be a mistake -- the
generated website is five times larger than the source due to the
exponential effect of maven automation.

It is better to have incubator/agila/trunk
                                   ../tags
                                   ../branches
                                   ../site-publish

so that non-site developers don't need to update that baggage.

....Roy