Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Kurapati, Rama" <Ra...@labbook.com> on 2001/06/13 23:40:55 UTC

GSS API Support in Slide ?

Hi,

Will there be any support for GSS API for Authentication and Authorization
in Slide.

Thanks
Rama

Re: GSS API Support in Slide ?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>
> Will there be any support for GSS API for Authentication and Authorization
> in Slide.

I didn't know anything about that protocol. I just found RFC 2078 about it.

Generally, the auth layer is the responsability of the web layer (so here,
it's Tomcat or the servlet container). I suppose the semantics of the
current Realm interface will have to be expanded quite a bit to support
this.

Remy