Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by ma...@tumbleweed.com on 2001/11/16 07:58:20 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Many bug fixes and documentation updates have been made since the Struts 1.0
release. Therefore, I propose that we release the tip of the
STRUTS_1_0_BRANCH branch as Struts 1.0.1, to make these changes available as
part of an official distribution of Struts. I have checked in a proposed
release plan, which is available for review on the Struts web site:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/release-plan-1.0.1.html

Release plans must pass by a majority vote of committers on the project, but
all other interested parties are welcome to cast their votes (and/or make
comments or suggestions on the plan) as well.

Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan
[ ] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
[ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
[ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
[ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Martin Cooper

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
> Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan
> [x] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

I'll make a final pass on the release notes. There are also a few
stylistic changes to the docs I made to 1.1, but didn't back post that I
will conform as well, but that will be done before the 21st.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/

The resource page...

Posted by Arron Bates <ar...@keyboardmonkey.com>.
How picky are we about getting names spelled right on the resources page
right?...

:)

Arron.

( theKM*)
* no intelligence required.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Ok, I'm +1 on a release candidate whenever you are Martin.

I tried to get the docs ready so all you would have to do is wrap it up
and post it.

Thanks for taking the lead on this!

(And now I'm off to see another wizard, Harry Potter ;-)

-T.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
> Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan
> [X] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

I'm not a committer, but have a vested interest in seeing a a post-1.0
release become official (I want to get us off of using nightly builds).

I would like to see LookupDispatchAction committed though.  It doesn't
necessarily have to be the version I posted, but some variant thereof -
perhaps split into two base classes to allow for simple key-providing
dispatch and one to allow for reflection-based dispatching.  Having
this/these base class(es) provide transparent dispatching of image and text
button dispatching would be a big improvement also.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Roland Huss <Ro...@consol.de>.
martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com writes:

> Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan
> [ ] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
> [X] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Though being no committer, I wouldn't recommend to make a patch
release until bug #4701 is fixed, which is fairly easy (see bug
report). This bug causes IMHO to fail *any* file upload with an
NullPointerException while creating a local file:

     lineBuffer = inputStream.readLine();
     bytesRead = lineBuffer.length;

where "byte[] BufferedMultipartInputStream.readLine()" returns null on
EOF.

cu....
--
							...roland huss
						             consol.de

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net>.
Hello martin,

Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan

+0

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

> Vote:  Struts 1.0.1 Release Plan
> [X] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
notify about the release.

Craig

RE: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by Rick Hightower <ri...@eblox.com>.
+1

I am not a committer, but I'd like to help, especially with documentation.

Rick Hightower
Director of Development
eBlox, Inc.

Check out our new website!
www.eblox.com

Contact Info:
eBlox Tucson
phone: 520-615-9345 x103
fax: 520-529-5774

Rick's stuff:
http://www.eblox.com/people_detail.php?id=52
http://www.geocities.com/rick_m_hightower/
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2351036

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.0.1 Release

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to help
out with.

-james
james@jamesholmes.com
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/