Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neo Anderson <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/02/28 16:32:37 UTC

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist

I follow the http://appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart to practise to use the maven.

 Then I encounter a problem saying 'The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist' when issuing command 'maven jetty:run-war'

I checked the archive - http://www.mail-archive.com/adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org/msg02587.html, but it seems no use. Either issuing command mvn -U or mvn -cpu does not help to run the jetty. How can I install this plugin?

Thank you very much.

Re: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Yup, it doesn't exist, it is not an apache plugin, so has to be qualified:

           <plugin>
             <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
             <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
             <version>6.1.7</version>
           </plugin>

-Andrew