Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/05/27 16:38:49 UTC

Two Million Downloads for Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Sometime overnight (UTC) someone downloaded the 2 millionth copy of
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.

As of now, the download count stands at 2,018,055.  This does not
include additional downloads of language packs, SDKs or source code
packages.   Since we have not yet enabled update notifications for
OpenOffice.org 3.3 users, these downloads came from users who heard
about Apache OpenOffice 3.4 from social media, press reports and from
friends.

You can find a chart of the daily and cumulative download numbers
here:  http://people.apache.org/~robweir/aoo-downloads.html

The distribution by operating system (88% Windows, 9% Mac, 3% Linux)
closely tracks desktop OS marketshare and shows that OpenOffice has
strong mainstream adoption.  Computer users who know nothing else
about open source know about OpenOffice.

So, congratulations and thanks to everyone who has helped get us to this point!

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Two Million Downloads for Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:48:09AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> If anyone can help spread the news, here is a link to the parent post:
>  http://bit.ly/JG30Nb

or with the Apache URI shortener: http://s.apache.org/f5

(Apache Committers can use https://s.apache.org/ to abbreviate Apache
related URLs)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Two Million Downloads for Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.