Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Markus Kilås <jm...@xn--kils-soa.se> on 2019/03/24 15:05:10 UTC

Enabling Maven Java EE support in 11.0-vc4

Hi,

I am evaluating 11.0 vote candidate 4 and would like to test it with
Java EE EJB and Web modules, however I am having trouble enabling the
feature.

I built 11.0-vc4 with ant -Dcluster.config=full and started with ant
tryme, however opening a Maven Web project shows warning: "Maven Java EE
support missing".

Clicking Resolve Project Problems further tells "You are missing the
Maven Java EE support module in your installation" and clicking
Resolve... gives and error box with the warning:
Not all requested modules can be enabled:
[StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.kit jarFile:
/home/user/Opt/netbeans-11.0-vc4/nbbuild/netbeans/enterprise/modules/org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-kit.jar].

Additionally manually activating the feauture does not work:
Going into top Tools -> Plugins -> Installed (10) and Activating "Java
Web and EE" gives:
Some plugins require plugin org.netbeans.libs.oracle.jsparser to be
installed.

Is the jsparser thing an other module in addition to javac that can not
be distributed with NetBeans and has to be downloaded on first use?

Cheers,
Markus

Re: Enabling Maven Java EE support in 11.0-vc4

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Yes, the plugin portal providing these plugins is down. Hoping it will be
back soon.

Gj