Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Alvaro Garcia Recuero <al...@ist.utl.pt> on 2013/05/24 19:49:20 UTC

Performance metrics Hbase

Dear All,

I have developed a replication framework I have plugged within HBase and I am now testing to see how does it affect latency, bandwidth and so on.

Does anyone have positive experiences using some tools such as Ganglia to measure these sort of things or is there any other way to get fairly accurate results on that? At the moment I am also using YCSB for benchmarking for some metrics but that will not be enough or possible for all of them.

Please fee free to add on thank you, cheers.

Best Regards,
Alvaro Garcia Recuero
alvaro.recuero@ist.utl.pt

Re: Performance metrics Hbase

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
U think lots of people use Ganglia...and Ambari uses it for example.  We
use our own SPM for HBase monitoring (see url in my sig below), which
incidentally runs on top of HBase itself. :)

Otis
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/