Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@one.net.au> on 2001/04/19 15:24:14 UTC

Re: Repost: tomcat 3.3-M2 /admin/contextAdmin/contextList.jspfailure

Ignacio,

I filed this, and the response (bug 1342) was:

! ------- Additional Comments From cmanolache@yahoo.com  2001-04-18
15:47 -------
! Make sure you enable the admin as trusted ( tomcat.sh run -enableAdmin
).
! Or edit the trusted attribute for /admin.
! The error is a result of not having the "internal" objects available -
and
! that's what happens for all untrusted apps.

I *have* edited the admin webapp as trusted.  This is the contents of my
/var/tomcat/conf/apps-admin.xml file:

<webapps>
    <!-- Special rules for the admin webapplication -->

    <!-- Change "trusted" to true in order to run the admin -->
    <!-- Removed SimpleRealm for testing with JBDCRealm
            <SimpleRealm filename="conf/users/admin-users.xml" />
  -->
    <Context path="/admin"
             docBase="webapps/admin"
             reloadable="true"
             trusted="true" >
    </Context>
</webapps>

Should I be setting this somewhere else?  This seems to be essentially
the same response that you originally sent me.  What's going on here?

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"