Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/12/14 20:16:22 UTC

Generating the shiro.doap.rdf file

I started looking into using the maven-doap-plugin a little while back in
order to remove one of the manual release steps.

With a couple minor pom changes I was able to get this working:
https://github.com/apache/shiro/pull/52

After updating the reference to the new doap file in this file:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/data/projects.xml

Our project pages is using this new generated version:
https://projects.apache.org/project.html?shiro

It took a little while to sync the new DOAP file and I had forgotten all
about it, as generation code is only on a branch we either need to merge
it, or revert back to the previous doap file.

If you have made it this far, you might be wondering why I'm even brining
this up instead of just merging it, two reasons:
1.) Generating the doap.rdf means we lose the release dates in the
 'Versions' section, which was in the original version:
https://github.com/apache/shiro/blob/master/shiro.doap.rdf
2.) Does anyone know if the doap file was submitted anywhere else?

My opinions are we use the generated version, as that requires ZERO extra
manual steps, the data is defined in a single place (the pom), it validates
the file meets the ADF requirements.

Unless I hear any -1's I'll merge this later this week.

Re: Generating the shiro.doap.rdf file

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Got it - thanks.  Fine by me!

--