Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Wilken Marci J <MA...@dhsoha.state.or.us.INVALID> on 2021/08/31 16:54:42 UTC

Camel-CXF Pojo or Payload

Hello everyone,
I am trying to decide if I should use a Pojo or Payload DataFormat for a Soap Camel-Cxf consumer route.
Pojo seems like the easiest solution but looking at the exchange body produced it creates a MessageContentList.  Is the list always in the order of the wsdl definition?  I am concerned that xml is not required to be in a specific order and I would always need the serviceFunction to be Object[1].   I've been looking at the header and property information is there any cross reference from the wsdl to the MessageContentList.

My other thought would be to handle it as a Payload,  Does anyone have a recommended parser to convert the xml payload to a bean?
There are a half dozen different suggestions on processing, I was just wondering if there was a best practice for this.

Background.
I am in the process of replacing an old soap web service that takes multiple types of requests using the same wsdl format where the RequestXML contains specific information based on the serviceFunction.
<inv:invokeCI>
         <opCode>R</opCode>
         <serviceFunction>AddClientCase</serviceFunction>
         <ciRequestXML>
                Request xml
         </ciRequestXML>
         <idWRKRPersn>13887</idWRKRPersn>
      </inv:invokeCI>
Based on the service function the dispatcher route will forward the message to one of several other processing routes.  The backend processing routes can be a database query, a rest service or another soap service.

Regards-
Marci Wilken
She/Her/Hers