Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/10/26 13:29:47 UTC

Re: Struts2 version 2.1

On 10/25/07, someone> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having been a long time developer with Struts, I love working with Struts 2x. So far it has
>been a pleasure and you guys have done a great job. It seems like all
the things I did not
>like about Struts have been address in Struts2.
> Do you know when 2.1 will be released? There are many features in 2.1 that I am looking
>for and the documentation I am using on the Web is geared towards
2.1, so that is
>causing some confusion.

We never know when something will actually be released, since it's a
group decision and feedback from the wider community of users is very
important to the group. We will be running the first official
test-build this weekend. Usually, it takes four to six betas for us to
get a new minor or major release up to General Availability quality.
The best way to help the process along is to watch the dev@ list, try
the test-builds against your own application, and provide your best
feedback. It also helps for everyone who has tried the build to
participate in the quality vote, regardless of whether you are a
"committer".

Some people have been using the 2.1 development code in production, so
there many not be too many glitches to fix.

When we document new features, we should be citing "since 2.x.x" in
the documentation. This is not only true for 2.1.x but 2.0.x as well.
If there are places where "since" is not being done, please feel free
to leave a comment on the page. Or, file a CLA so that you can update
the documentation directly.

 * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/editing-the-documentation.html

HTH, Ted
http://husted.com/ted/

Re: Struts2 version 2.1

Posted by Jim Cushing <ji...@mac.com>.
It's been on the main Maven repository since Tuesday:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.0.11/

So, Maven 2 users should be able to update to it without problem. And
if you're not using Maven, you should be! (Just kidding! I don't mean
to start a build tool war).

Re: Struts2 version 2.1

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Struts2 version 2.1