Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/04 17:05:08 UTC

Apache NetBeans at FOSDEM

Hi all,

Jan Lahoda, Neil C Smith, John Kostaras, and I all spoke about Apache
NetBeans at FOSDEM over the past weekend, in the newly created Free Tools
and Editors devroom.

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/free_tools_and_editors/

The status update on Apache NetBeans can be viewed here, it ends with a
cool demo of some possible upcoming features, by Jan Lahoda:

http://bofh.nikhef.nl/events/FOSDEM/2019/UD2.119/news_from_netbeans_2019.mp4

Martin Entlicher from the Graal team did a great talk, which included Graal
debugging in Apache NetBeans:

http://bofh.nikhef.nl/events/FOSDEM/2019/UD2.119/graalvm_status_2019.mp4

Unfortunately the audio of the talks by Neil and John failed to be recorded
-- they were great though and in both cases full rooms -- throughout the
day the room was full.

Michael Wimmer from the ODS Open Platform, based on NetBeans, was there too:

https://www.harris-orthogon.com/product/ods-open-platform/

Neil and I met Daniel Gruno, one of our Apache NetBeans mentors, for the
first time, and it was great to catch up with him.

I also did a talk on Oracle JET (oraclejet.org), where I used Apache
NetBeans for my demoes, in a fully packed out, several hundred attendees,
JavaScript devroom.

It was a great experience. :-)

Gj

RE: Apache NetBeans at FOSDEM

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see recorded presentation (Sorry for Neil
and John).

 May this type of content (or link) be part of the NetBeans website?

Eric
Thank you  Geertjan for the feedback. It seems being a great event.

Constantin

?? La Terre est le berceau de l'humanit??, mais on ne passe pas sa vie
enti??re dans un berceau. ??
- Constantin????E. Tsiolkovski , p??re de l'astronautique?? et de
l'a??rospatiale modernes.
________________________________

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hello all from underneath the sea.

Thanks, Geertjan, for getting the Free Tools and Editors devroom together.
Really interesting track to be part of. Definitely a great first FOSDEM for
me - I'll be back! And good to see how popular both the tools room and the
main Java room were.

Ironic that the audio failed in mine! :-\ If anyone wants to hear what I
was saying / doing along to the slides you'll have to invite me to your
local JUG or conference! ;-)

Best wishes,

Neil