Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ch...@bull.net on 2003/05/13 18:11:10 UTC

novice question

Hi

I have just downloaded jetspeed 1.4b4 which I use with Tomcat 4.1.24

I have configured Tomcat so that it knows about my proxy (as described in
the FAQ)

I have got huge response times (15 minutes to log on as demo user turbine)

Any clue ?

Thanks a lot  for your attention !

Christophe

Re: novice question

Posted by Werner Bredenkamp <wb...@pnp.co.za>.
On Tuesday 13 May 2003 18:11, christophe.loridan@bull.net wrote:
> I have configured Tomcat so that it knows about my proxy (as described in
> the FAQ)
> I have got huge response times (15 minutes to log on as demo user turbine)

I had the same problem - and it is related to your proxy settings. The huge
response times is due to jetspeed trying to connect out to slashdot etc. via
your proxy and failing.

I couldn't get Tomcat to use our proxy (which requires a username/password)
and eventually just disabled all portlets that want to connect to the outside
world.

This basically means disabling (or removing) all entries in your *.xreg files
that try to connect beyond the proxy.

I'm quite dissapointed at JDK1.4.1's support for proxies and firewalls - does
anyone have a bulletproof method of getting Java to connect via a proxy that
requires username/password authentication?

thanks
werner