Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Petrucci Andreas <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/29 20:16:29 UTC

HBase Eclipse compilation problem

Hi there, i'm trying to compile HBase in Eclipse so as to modify it. However, i can't compile it due to error appearing. I followed the instructions from the HBase wiki site (SVN repository) but i couldn't manage it. There are about 1000 errors

for example :
Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Bytes cannot be resolved    TestBytes.java    /HBase/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util    line 41    Java Problem

Moreover there are alot of problems at  importing

for example :
The declared package "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper" does not match the expected package
 "test.java.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper"

Do you have any idea?
Thanks in advance

Re: HBase Eclipse compilation problem

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
HBase is a maven project, please use m2eclipse:

http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/

-ryan