Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/16 16:08:24 UTC

Heads up: work underway in Roller 3.0 branch

We've gotten our proposals out, discussed them on the list and heard
no major objections. So Allen and I are moving ahead with big changes
in the Roller 3.0 branch: URL restructuring and the new Atlas page
models/macros. Of course, there's still time for review, discussion
and sanity checking, so please speak up if you have concerns or if
you'd like to help.

Here's a list of the relevant proposals:

Introduce completely new URL structure, but still support old
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_NewUrlStructure>

Implement new URL structure with custom request mapper and pluggable view
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_NewUrlImplementation>

Proposal to replace front page with blog, introduce new site and
planet page models
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_Atlas>

Introduce new simplified page models and macros, deprecate old system
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ProposalAtlasMacroModels>

- Dave