Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Slack <no...@slack.com> on 2017/06/27 05:17:27 UTC

[Slack] Notifications from the ASF team for June 27th, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Hi ARIA TOSCA,

You have a new direct message from the ASF team
(https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-204019528148/).

---

@digestai
View in the archives:
https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-204019528148/archives/D5E4SCANM/p1498539660459693

Digest.AI (8:01 AM, June 27th)
Hi ARIA,
*Here’s your digest for June 27th 2017*
There are 9 messages yesterday, and the most active user is Tal Liron

*#ariatosca*
 @arthurberezin: Re: docs, Tal are you adding this to our new Jekyll
site?
 @emblemparade ^^
 @emblemparade: @ran i will wrap up the documentation work today. in a
way it is open ended and seems like i can go on forever improving, but
actually our goals now are just to get everything to work consistently,
and i'm nearly done. along the way i am hitting some "low-hanging fruit"
that's easy to fix, but i'm *not* going through and documenting
everything properly at this point.
 @emblemparade: [UPDATE] unfortunately not done yet with documentation.
there continue to be sticky issues. good news is that i found a
workaround for the sphinx annoyance with automatically trying to cross
reference types. i posted the fix to the github issue:
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues/3866.

the main problem is how to properly document our modules. my solution so
far has been to use `:ivar:` (many people suggest this), but it's
actually wrong. these are properties that are documented separately, so
it causes duplication in the final docs. also, we've been having serious
problems with people on the team not updating these -- and i don't blame
them, because they are separate from the main docs. i'm trying to find a
way to solve this elegantly... i have a good idea (i think) but it will
be more work.

sphinx is ... difficult.

please be patient, in the end we will have really high quality
documentation.
 @arthurberezin on second thought i think it will be better to post our
documentation on readthedocs.org. it's a very standard place for python
packages, and it has a convenient hook that will regenerate our
documentation and post it on every commit to master. on our web site we
can just link to that.

* * *

You can snooze these notifications for
an hour:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-5a1cb74d28-notify-mute-1h
eight hours:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-796e6535e1-notify-mute-8h
a day:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-4e6e073ada-notify-mute-1d
three days:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-806a2d8aa0-notify-mute-3d
or the next week:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-6adc840c34-notify-mute-7d.

You can also turn email notifications off:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-64de78982b-notify.

For more detailed preferences, see your account page:
https://the-asf.slack.com/account.