Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2012/01/11 00:36:49 UTC

More complicated scenario for camel-bam

Hey everyone,
I tried yo use camel-bam and it works for very basic example shown in documentation. It works well for correlating the files without any middle processing steps.

The process I try to monitor looks following

- receive incoming JMS message - split - multicast (queue1, queue2)

So I've build a following configuration for the process:
ValueBuilder correlation = header("JMSCorrelationID");
ActivityBuilder incoming = activity("activemq:incoming").correlate(correlation).name("incoming");

ActivityBuilder sys1 = activity("amq2:queue1").correlate(correlation).name("system1");
ActivityBuilder sys2 = activity("amq2:queue2").correlate(correlation).name("system2");

sys1.starts().after(incoming.starts());
sys2.starts().after(incoming.starts());

But after receiving messages and initializing a process instance nothing happens. Er it happens, the activity is created. I can not reuse a incoming.getEndpoint to create an from statement and process message. Multiple consumers on same destination are not allowed.

Issues I've discovered:
- Lack of support for parallel activities.
- No support for processing received message. Usually a incoming message is only a entry point for a process.
- No support for a custom process names. Not everyone are happy with Proces-N name. A ProcessBuilder extensions can't change a naming schema.
- Activity definition is not put into the database as long as it is not called by flow. Process is created and the activities are known, but they're not persisted before processing. So whole definitions are useless if we would like display process definitions somewhere else.
- Hard coded dependency to JPA, can't be replaced by alternative way of storing process definitions eg like in IdempotentRepository.

These issues makes a camel-bam useless in my case. Should I use an alternative tool like activiti-camel integration? It's fine but I don't need whole BPMN, diagraming. I want to track a flow between systems in an easy way, there is no human tasks, only service calls and camel logic.

Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
Krasiczyńska 3/80

Re: More complicated scenario for camel-bam

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Time is the best teacher. :)

I've found a way to do a processing message after activity receives it - with interceptors. There some exceptions, but both persistence and processing works.

Solutions looks next:
interceptFrom("activemq:incoming")
    .split(body())
        .multicast()
            .to(sys1.getEndpoint())
            .to(sys2.getEndpoint())
        .end()
     .end();

Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
http://code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez Łukasz Dywicki w dniu 2012-01-11, o godz. 11:48:

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hey Hadrian,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.