Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Isuranga Perera <is...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/29 10:30:39 UTC

K8S Deployment with Cache Partitioning

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Ignite with K8S with cache partitioning enabled. I
went through [1] and found out ignite-deployment.yaml include all
configurations to create replicas of the dataset. However, in my case, I'm
interested in the partitioning of the cache not just replicating.

Appreciate you can provide me with documentation or a tutorial which can
help me to achieve this.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/google-cloud-deployment

Regards & Thanks
Isuranga Perera

Re: K8S Deployment with Cache Partitioning

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
When you say “replicas” are you talking about the number of pods, i.e., the “kubectl scale sts ignite --replicas=4” command?

If so, that’s not related to your cache configuration. That’s simply the number of nodes in your cluster.

If you loaded in the SQL file as described at the end of the instructions, you’ll see the CREATE TABLE statement ends with a line like this:

) WITH "template=partitioned, backups=1, CACHE_NAME=Country, VALUE_TYPE=demo.model.Country";

This shows that the cache created is partitioned. (And backups=1 means that each row of data will be stored in two Ignite nodes / k8s pods.)

Regards,
Stephen