Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bas Schulte <ba...@connectedcreations.nl> on 2009/01/02 20:05:52 UTC

Consuming SOAP service

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head into Camel but I'm stuck at the beginning.

I'd like to call a webservice (SOAP) periodically and send the
response as a message for futher processing (splitter, content-based
router and some endpoints).

Do I need to "hand-code" the SOAP client (e.g. using Apache CXF,
generate code from the existing wsdl etc. etc.) and inject something
in there that puts the messages into a route or is there an easier way
using the cxf camel endpoint?

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction as I'm running
in circles at this point not knowing where to start.

Thanks,

bas.

Re: Consuming SOAP service

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Basically , you need to specify the SEI which is generated from WSDL for
the camel-cxf endpoint, then you can send the message to the Service
through camel-cxf producer.
Here are some doc[1] and examples[2][3] of camel-cxf, you can take at
look first :)

For you case you create a router rule like this

from("direct:start").to("cxf:bean").split()...

[1]http://activemq.apache.org/camel/cxf.html
[2]http://activemq.apache.org/camel/cxf-example.html
[3]http://activemq.apache.org/camel/loan-broker-example.html

Willem