Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Brent Johnson <br...@columbus.rr.com> on 2001/05/03 18:07:15 UTC

JDBC statement tag: maxRows property?

The documentation for the JDBC statement tag shows a maxRows property and even comments how handy they are...but this property is not defined in the current source or the TLD.  I agree it would be handy.  Is this a future enhancement, or did it get dropped?  If dropped, what is the alternate solution?

Re: JDBC statement tag: maxRows property?

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <mo...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Brent Johnson wrote:

> The documentation for the JDBC statement tag shows a maxRows property and even comments how handy they are...but this property is not defined in the current source or the TLD.  I agree it would be handy.  Is this a future enhancement, or did it get dropped?  If dropped, what is the alternate solution?

Use the standard jsp tag to get/set the properties of a
scripting variable:

  <jsp:setProperty name="stmt1" property="maxRows" value="20"/>

We may support it with an explicit attribute in the future, but your old
code will continue to work fine.

- Morgan