Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by dfk1976 <df...@freenet.de> on 2020/06/27 11:39:11 UTC

apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

is there any difference or benefit in either using apache or nginx? or does
it play no role? any experience or explanation?

Re: apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
Looks like Joachim's reply got a little truncated :-).

My personal opinion is that Nginx is far easier to configure for simple
tasks like reverse-proxy configurations for Tomcat.  So, if that's the only
thing you're doing with it, then Nginx is pretty simple and low-profile.

Apache httpd is, again, in my opinion, more powerful in terms of feature
set, and becomes easier to configure when you need other things like PHP,
CGI, ASP, etc. - basically anything that does server-side processing of
languages.  Apache httpd has modules for most of those, and configuration
of those modules is pretty straight-forward.  I know a lot of them can be
configured in Nginx, and I'm not expert on either httpd or Nginx, so,
again, my personal experience driving my opinion.

For Guacamole, I generally use Nginx to front Tomcat, as it's usually the
only thing I'm running on the server.

-Nick

AW: apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

Posted by Joachim Lindenberg <jo...@lindenberg.one>.