Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2020/01/30 14:36:35 UTC

Integration tests will be enabled soon

HISTORY

Long time ago -- when we realized that some of the MiniOzone cluster
based tests are more unreliable than the unit tests -- we separated the
(real) unit tests and the junit based integration tests.

Integration tests were slow and unreliable. When we moved to the github
actions we didn't migrate them to exclude bogus results and provide 100%
valid feedback with the CI build. (If there is any failure there,
something is wrong with the code).

NOW

Thanks to Attila the unreliable junit/integration-tests are all turned
off and the remaining tests (including ozonefs) can be part of the CI
builds:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-ozone/pull/416

I will merge this PR very soon after the next green build.

ACTIONS

1. Please check the results of the new tests. To make it faster Attila
did a good job to split all the integration tests to small chunks. We
will have a lot of new tests.

2. Please don't merge anything with a failing builds. If you are sure
that the failure is not related to the patch, I suggest two options:

  a. first of all, try it again. Very rare, but we might have some env
specific problem. (add a new empty commit to the branch and push it)

  b. @Ignore the test immediately (without review) AND create a Jira to
track the problem.

3. Check the @Ignore annotations and help to a) fix the test b) convert
it to real unit test