Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Ian Bertolacci <ia...@workday.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/29 20:11:52 UTC

getArray from Calcite JDBC ResultSet

Hi,
I recently noticed that I cannot get arrays from Calciteā€™s JDBC ResultSet.
In particular array literals, or simple field expressions whose type is Array BigInt all give this exception:
java.sql.SQLException: invalid column ordinal: 2
This is regardless of how many other columns there are or which specific column the array expression is in.

I saw that there is an open issue (CALCITE-3162 [1]) with an open pull request on github (#106 [2]).

What is the status of this?
Is there a work-around?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3162
[2] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/106