Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/03/01 18:16:30 UTC

Re: can the TermsComponent be used in combination with fq?

: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

: It would seem like this component would be useful for this.  However -
: we often require that some filtering be applied to search results
: based on which user is searching (e.g. public vs. private content).
: Is it possible to apply filtering here, or will we need to do
: something like running a q=*:*&fq=status:1 and then getting facets?

TermComponent uses the raw Term Enumerators - it has no notion of
documents, so it can't filter.  you'll have to use faceting for that.

: Note - also - the wiki page references a tutorial including this
: /autocomplete path, but I cannot ifnd any trace of such.  I was able

the examples in the wiki actually refer to it as "/autoSuggest" -- which
is what's in the example solrconfig.xml.

(FWIW: i've updated hte wiki to remove your note about adding
"/autocoplete" to the configs since "/autoSuggest" is already there)

-Hoss