Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sudeep Sunthankar <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 10:29:57 UTC

Issues while running HBase native client build (Ref: HBASE-14850)

Hi Team,

I am facing segfaults while running the simple-client present in
hbase-native-client.  As per the build steps, when I executed the binary
from the docker environemnt, I get the foll error:-

2016-10-06 10:08:53,536:93(0x7f6cc256a900):ZOO_ERROR@getaddrs@613:
getaddrinfo: No such file or directory

So, I tried installing all the dependencies on my local environment and
tried running the simple-client on it, instead of docker environment. This
time  I got a different segfault as below.

io/async/AsyncSocket.cpp:875: virtual void folly::AsyncSocket::closeNow():
Assertion `eventBase_ == nullptr || eventBase_->isInEventBaseThread()'
failed.

Can you please help me with some pointers.

--

Warm Regards,

Sudeep Sunthankar

Re: Issues while running HBase native client build (Ref: HBASE-14850)

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
Enis, the last time around, the RPC wasn't based on Folly... Sudeep is trying to POC an implementation of an async RPC based on Folly, and is facing issues with the Folly library. Elliott, any chance you could help here please.
Sudeep, do you mind creating a ticket for this?

I had tried the simple client before, and did not run into any problems. Do
you want me to test again?

Enis

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.