Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kari Scott <Ka...@cdw.com> on 2012/01/11 16:45:43 UTC

capturing total number of active sessions

We are in the process of migrating a number of servers to Tomcat 7.0.23 and we're looking for the best way to write the total number of active sessions to a text file. Can someone point me to the documentation or sample code that explains/can do this?

As a side note, is the manager safe to run in a production environment?

Thank you,
-Kari

_________________________________
Kari Scott
Senior Programmer
kari.scott@cdw.com<ma...@cdw.com>

CDW
5520 Research Park Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Office: 608 298 1223
Fax: 608 288 3007

Re: capturing total number of active sessions

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 11/01/2012 15:45, Kari Scott wrote:

> We are in the process of migrating a number of servers to Tomcat 7.0.23 and we're looking for the best way to write the total number of active sessions to a text file. Can someone point me to the documentation or sample code that explains/can do this?

Session counts are per-application.
You can connect via a (secure) JMX connection and extract this
information to do whatever you want with it.

> As a side note, is the manager safe to run in a production environment?

Yes, but I would limit access to known IPs using the RemoteIpValve.

--

[key:62590808]