Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eu...@jdevelop.com> on 2006/02/14 17:56:00 UTC

Slide tries to get contents of folder

I facing strange problem - I'm trying to create simple store (similar to
WebdavFileStore). I implemented just BasicWebdavStore interface. Everything
works fine while there is no directories created inside store, on clean
startup. But when I restarting tomcat, application crashes with this
exception:

14 Feb 2006 18:48:51 - WebDAV store - INFO - isFolder true
14 Feb 2006 18:48:51 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO - Object already exists at /files
14 Feb 2006 18:48:51 - WebDAV store - INFO - isFolder true
14 Feb 2006 18:48:51 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - WARNING - Namespace base configuration might have been already done before
14 Feb 2006 18:48:51 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - WARNING - org.apache.slide.common.ServiceAccessException: Service org.apache.slide.simple.store.WebdavStoreAdapter@17aece8 access error : /home/user/workspace/test/store/files (Is a directory)
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceAccessException: Service org.apache.slide.simple.store.WebdavStoreAdapter@17aece8 access error : /home/user/workspace/test/store/files (Is a directory)
        at webdav.store.FileSystemStoreImpl.getResourceContent(FileSystemStoreImpl.java:171)
        at org.apache.slide.simple.store.WebdavStoreAdapter$TransactionId.retrieveRevisionContent(WebdavStoreAdapter.java:517)
        at org.apache.slide.simple.store.WebdavStoreAdapter.retrieveRevisionContent(WebdavStoreAdapter.java:186)
        at org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.retrieveRevisionContent(AbstractStore.java:1454)
        at org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore.retrieveRevisionContent(ExtendedStore.java:502)
        at org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.retrieve(ContentImpl.java:351)
        at org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectRevision(XMLUnmarshaller.java:380)
        at org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:231)
        at org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:274)
        at org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:90)
        at org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.importData(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:239)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadBaseData(Namespace.java:823)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:883)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:462)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:375)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:338)
        at org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:251)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

As you can see in 1 and 3-d line, my store returns true for folder /files, so
I don't have any idea why slide tries to get contents of this directory.. Any
ideas?

I'm using latest Slide from SVN,

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Slide tries to get contents of folder

Posted by Robert Erler <ya...@gmx.de>.
I had the same problem. Afaik the WCK performs some tests with the store
implementation on startup (e.g. writing to a directory). Have a look at the
reference implementation, that throws exceptions (like
ObjectNotFoundException when you try setResourceContent() on a directory).
If those exceptions are not thrown the WCK doesn't run correctly.

HTH
Robert Erler

DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

RE: Slide tries to get contents of folder

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
Good luck

Michael Oliver
CTO