Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/12/21 17:45:11 UTC

Re: Moving forward (Re: [AXIS2] Proposal for saving the message context)

I have no objection to this proposed approach, but would like to hear
back from Ann on my last proposal on this thread- keep this code out of
the core if it doesn't depend on  any private state in MC. I can't see
what that would be but am waiting to hear what private state is
interesting to save/restore.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 15:18 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Ann,
>
> Let's figure out a way to get out of this loop.  No, i don't think
> that we should add code just because it does not break any existing
> things...
>
> How about we start a branch for this work? I'd personally be satisfied
> about moving to trunk when i see a test case in this branch that
> illustrates that when deserializing the MC, it plays well with the
> existing hierarchy and does not create any extra objects
> unnecessarily. Once you illustrate that, we can move the code to
> trunk.
>
> Are you ok with this plan? Am sure sanjiva/chamikara/others can help
> formulate other scenarios that the ser/deser mechanism should work
> "properly".
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 12/18/06, David Illsley <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >c) Sorry for being blunt, but I honestly think, that this proposal is
> > being pushed so hard bcos it works with some IBM internal product.
> >
> > You're right it works with an IBM project (FWIW it also works with
> > Sandesha2) which is why I know it works and why I believe it's very
> > unlikely to break pure Axis2.
> >
> > I'm not philosphically attached to any particular way of implementing
> > this function, but I've seen it working so I thought I'd jump in and
> > comment when I thought the discussion seemed more
> > philosophical+process related that technical.
> >
> > Apologies for any ill-will my comments have caused,
> > David
> >
> > --
> > David Illsley - IBM Web Services Development

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.