Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/07 02:41:09 UTC

CONTINUUM-2507 Not a Continuum bug

Hi,

CONTINUUM-2507 is the one where Continuum can't release because of the BOM
at the start of the POM.

I tried building a POM with a BOM at the start from the command line and I'm
still getting this error:  only whitespace content allowed before start tag
and not \uef (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \uef... @1:1)

Doing the release from the command line also produces the same error and I'm
using Maven 2.2.1

I found some similar issues filed in MAVEN like
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2057 but it was closed as a duplicate of
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2254.

I don't think the fix for MNG-2254 really fixes this issue. The plexus
XMLPullParser doesn't handle BOM at the start of the text stream for UTF-8.
So I think this should be fixed either in Maven or the Plexus Util itself.

What do others think?

Any comments or suggestions?

Marica

Re: CONTINUUM-2507 Not a Continuum bug

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Based on Benjamin's comment in MNG-4667, it seems fixing this in Maven would
have a large impact on other Maven versions.
Would it suffice that we just advice users who encounter this issue to
manually remove the BOM in the POM?