Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Martin Langhoff <ma...@scim.net> on 2001/01/12 18:59:07 UTC

Excessively long <> operator

hi,

	I have an Embperl page with a few heredocs, and was getting this very
strange error:

[26185]ERR: 24: Line 4: Error in Perl code: (in cleanup) Excessively
long <> operator at
/projects/soule/site/root/productos/5_confirm_input.ehtml line 15.

I'm running Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/4.0.3 mod_perl/1.24 HTML::Embperl
1.2.1 . The error string doesn't look like it comes from Perl. At least
my Camel book has nothing about it.

Indeed, using [- $optRawInput = 1; -] has solved the issue. I'm posting
here so it's there in the archives next time someone stumbles upon it,
and to ask Gerald if he can change the error string to make very clear
it's coming from Embperl, and not from Perl itself.

Martin Langhoff

Re: Excessively long <> operator

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> [26185]ERR: 24: Line 4: Error in Perl code: (in cleanup) Excessively
> long <> operator at
> /projects/soule/site/root/productos/5_confirm_input.ehtml line 15.
>to ask Gerald if he can change the error string to make very clear
> it's coming from Embperl, and not from Perl itself.

"Error in Perl code" _always_ mean it comes from Perl. It's not an Embperl
error message

Gerald