Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mo...@gmail.com on 2009/07/23 06:31:09 UTC

idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

I m trying to figure out how to implement a zeitgeist in cassandra

How do we implement the counter, do we need to the get the value increment
and insert again
or are there other ways to do this

thanks a lot

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

Posted by mo...@gmail.com.
Thanks michael
it is very pertinent to this question

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.
You would call client.executeQuery("CQL statement goes here")

However, this is not recommended, as CQL will be removed soon and
there is currently no documentation on it.  That previous topic did
not recommend using CQL, the user's original question just included
it.  That thread discusses pitfalls of using Cassandra for this type
of counter and appropriate alternatives or workarounds until Cassandra
gets features which make it better for this situation.

Michael

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.